Where to do MBBS and BDS?
A place where you can do MBBS/BDS:
MBBS and BDS courses can be undertaken at any of the MCI (Medical Council of India) approved institutions. From 2013 onwards NEET shall be conducted a common entrance exam for all medical colleges in India wherein seats will be allocated according to merit and rank list of the candidates. Some of the few good number of private and government institutions conduct their own course program. However, one needs to get an excellent ranking in the entrance exams in order to secure a seat in the most elite colleges of the country i.e. AIIMS, BHU, CMC-Vellore, JIPMER, MGIMS, Manipal, AFMC and so on. These colleges have a history of excellent pedagogy, infrastructure and placements.
Before considering any college to pursue a course program one must take into account the number of years the college has been in existence, lab facilities, and student exchange programs and so on. Only after proper research into the subject must one choose a college.
A detailed list of government and private medical colleges is available in the subsequent links.
Merit List of NEET:
NEET body (i.e., CBSE) shall provide All India as well as State wise merit list of the eligible candidates on the marks obtained in the NEET.
Rank Usage for NEET qualified students:
National Rank: A student can use National Rank to take admission in any of the NEET affiliated MBBS colleges in India.
State Rank: A student can use State Rank to take admission in any of the affiliated colleges in the state from here he/she has done class XI & XII or holds a domicile.
The NEET guidelines require that 85% of the MBBS seats in the medical colleges across the state be reserved under the state quota. The remaining 15% remain open to candidates from other states.
State Code of Eligibility as per NEET:
Candidates may choose State Code(s) on the basis of his/her eligibility to claim seats under State Quota in any State. Candidate’s rank in the merit list for 85% State Quota seats will be generated on the basis of the State Code of Eligibility filled in by the Candidates in the application form.